Join Delicious Istanbul food tour focused on a major Istanbul attraction – its food. We will guide you through the bustling markets and make a dozen of stops for sampling local delights hard to discover on your own
Why Delicious Istanbul Food Tour
If you are looking to jump-start your delicious stay in Istanbul and get oriented in the local food scene or have already spent a few days in the city and would like to better understand its foodie vibe – this food tour is for you!
- Sample most delicious Istanbul food: taste gastronomic curiosities and discover best places to sample local food without wasting time (and meals) on trial-and-error;
- Get quick orientation in the Istanbul cuisine: learn about its specialties, ingredients and spices so you can navigate a menu at any Istanbul restaurant and feel comfortable at the eateries without a menu at all;
- Receive excellent insider recommendations: get tailor-made tips about legendary or little known Istanbul restaurants, cafes and delicacy shops to enjoy only great food for the rest of your stay in Istanbul;
Take home excellent edible souvenirs: find out about delicious souvenirs that are worth taking home and definitely can not be found in the airport duty-free.
Delicious Istanbul Food Tour Program
- Starting the day with a traditional Turkish breakfast picked from a cart where Sirkeci shopkeepers source theirs every day
- Visiting Spice Market to learn about the rights and wrongs of food shopping
- Touring local Eminönü market: stopping by a dry fruit and nut seller, spice vendor, traditional kitchen utensils shop as well as sitting down for a slice of Turkish pizza prepared for us at the 30-year old stone oven
- Taking a short scenic ferry ride across the Bosphorus to the Asian side
- Sampling freshest fish in town at a backstreet Kadıköy canteen
- Touring Kadıköy food market: savoring Turkish delight, making a stop at a pickle shop, studying seasonal produce at a greengrocer’s stall, tasting freshly-made baklava and sitting down for a cup of the best Turkish coffee in town
Delicious Istanbul Food Tour Practical Information
- Time: Tour starts at 10 am and finishes at about 3 pm.
- Cost: US$125 per person
- What’s included: Traditional Turkish breakfast, tastings of over 15 local treats (making a full meal) and return ferry fare
- Maximum capacity: 6 people
- Where tour starts: In the area of Eminönü. Exact location provided when booking is confirmed.
- Where tour finishes: In Kadiköy from where you can take a boat back to the European side
What Customers Say About Delicious Istanbul Food Tour
“Olga … knows the food as a Turk but share hers excitement for the food as only someone can do who had fallen in love with a cuisine” – Eileen, US
“For us Olga turned out to be the missing link that managed to make the difference between the tourist and the traveler” – Sonia and Ina, Germany
“We gained such confidence and knowledge about Istanbul food that we spent the next day with our friends reliving the tour, so they could also experience what we had seen and learned!” – Joyce, UK
“My only regret is that we didn’t have Olga with us during the rest of our travels throughout Turkey but her introductory recommendations served us well” – Janet, Maine, US
“Eating at small local cafes, drinking strong Turkish coffee or shopping for spices with Olga was like having a full day of family visits: we were constantly offered things to try, to smell, to touch without .. pressure” – Alexandrina, Norway
“The perfect food and photo tour! Olga had relationships with the pushy spice market vendors so we were treated to the “no pressure” sales. They literally put 20 spices on toothpicks into our hands… So cool, I can’t describe this!” – Maureen, California, US